Growing in Small Spaces
Dylys’ recipe for compost for pots and containers: DOGA Meeting April 11th 2012
Using a two gallon bucket as a measure:
- 1 part home made compost
- 1 part good loam
- 3 parts either commercial compost or coco fibre. This can be mixed.
- 1 part sharp sand. Vermiculite or perlite can be used.
- 1 four or five inch pot of chicken pellets
- 1 four inch pot organic fertilizer
- Check for alkalinity and add lime until pH6.5
- Add some water holding gel to help watering
Some useful sources: